Helping You Understand Commercial Leases
Commercial leases can be complex, detailed and frankly headache-inducing for many of our clients. There’s a good reason for that, and it’s not just because lawyers love to get wordy: A commercial lease is an important document that controls the relationship between two parties who stand to lose a great deal if anything goes wrong. Landlords risk damaged property and defaults; tenants can lose their businesses through conflicts involving rent increases, improper maintenance or similar businesses moving in close by.
At Inch Hammond Professional Corporation, we negotiate, draft and interpret commercial leases to protect your interests. Our lawyers have been doing this for 100 years and haven’t tired of it yet.
Landlords, Tenants And Leases
Whether you are a commercial landlord or tenant, we can help you:
- Negotiate to have advantageous clauses included to protect your business or your investment as a landlord or tenant
- Review commercial leases to ensure that your rights are protected
- Advise you on situations such as breaches of covenants or breaches of other parts of your lease, renewals, lease hold improvements, insurance issues or other matters
- Represent you in a dispute, preserving the business relationship when desired but ready to protect your interests in court if necessary
- Initiate direct action if there is a situation that needs immediate resolution, such as stopping damage to your property